Job title: Plant or Senior Plant Metallurgist
Location: West Africa
Key result areas:
- Ensure that employees and contractors adhere to safety and environmental standards that exceed worldwide industry standards and any applicable legislation. Develop and promote a Safe and Healthy Work Environment.
- Review and monitor the process parameters to ensure to assure cost effective and high quality metal recovery activities.
- Monitor, record and report on all process variables to ensure optimum process efficiency.
- Assist in providing technical input for project evaluations to help determine appropriate capital expenditure proposals and / or plant / process modifications.
- Provide technical input to the continuous review of all process activities to ensure identification and implementation of initiatives to increase efficiency and shareholder wealth.
- Provide relief for the Senior Metallurgist during periods of leave or rotational absences.
- Provide appropriate on-the-job training and coaching to less experienced / qualified personnel creating a working environment which ensures that employees gain new skills and achieve their full potential.
- Create a working environment which ensures that employees gain new skills and achieve their full potential by developing through effective training and mentoring.
- Continually review every aspect of plant operation activities to ensure that opportunities to add value and enhance shareholder wealth are identified and implemented.
B Chem. Engineering / B Sc. – Metallurgy or Equivalent
A minimum of 18 months post graduate experience in process operations involving gravity recovery, base metals flotation and gold production.
Skills / Attributes:
- Strong technical knowledge in metallurgy
- Decisiveness and leadership skills
- Resilience and resourcefulness
- Strong influencing skills
- Performance orientation
- Hold employees accountable
- Good level of interpersonal skills
- Strong communications skills
- Team Player with desire to learn
Competitive tax paid expatriate package on offer based in West Africa