Job title: Long Term Planning Engineer
Location: West and Central Africa
Prepares the Long Term Mining Plan for the mining operations, ensuring that production targets are met within budget whilst achieving the objectives of a zero accident workplace. Reporting to Mine Manager.
- To work under the direction of the Mine Manager.
- Prepare pit designs and optimisations.
- Prepare dump designs and optimisations.
- Prepare and update Quarterly, Yearly and LOM Mining Plan, specifying Load & Haul and Drill & Blast volumes, ore and waste tonnes by pit location and RL.
- Assist in the optimisation of pit designs, blast pattern design and operations efficiencies.
- Optimise haul profiles.
- Preparation of the Quarterly and 6 monthly operational plan.
- Schedules and chairs weekly and monthly planning meetings for the mining department.
- Schedules and chairs weekly and monthly planning meetings with the mining department and the mining contractor.
- Liaise with the Contractor on all contractual issues in areas of responsibility.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of Monthly and Quarterly Reports to the Mine Manager.
- Undertake relevant technical assignments to resolve technical issues as they arise in relevant field of work, improving productivity and providing cost savings to the operations.
- Establish and meet time-lines at all times.
- Compliance with all statutory Regulations and Procedures.
- Compliance with all the Company's Policies and Procedures.
- Backup all database files.
- Develop and design all monthly planning database sheets and make them available to the user(s).
- Upward reporting as required.
Promotional Oportunities : Chief Mine Planning Engineer, Mine Manager
Must have a formal tertiary qualification in Mining, Civil, or related discipline.
A minimum of 5 to 7 years experience in open pit mine planning and/or in mining operations or equivalent experience.
Good understanding of mining processes.
Have a Drivers License.
Active and healthy.
Professional presentation and abel to promote a good image for the Company.
Be prepared to work outside normal working hours.
- Knowledge of selective open pit mining techniques and the equipment employed.
- Knowledge of Mining and Explosive Regulations.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Sound judgement and analytical skills.
- Task and results drive.
Computer literacy (Word Processing, Spreadsheet and Database programmes).
Mine Planning Software (GEMS, DATAMINE or SURPAC).
Good understand of earth moving equipment.
A competitive and negotiable expatriate remuneration package. The Company has a equity based performance related incentive scheme.