LSE: RRS NASDAQ: GOLD
Job title: Short Term Planning Engineer
West and Central Africa
Prepares the Short Term Mining Plan for the mining operations, ensuring that production targets are met within budget whilst achieving the objectives of a zero accident workplace. Reporting to Chief Mine Planning Engineer.
- To work under the direction of the Chief Mine Planning Engineer.
- Prepare Daily, Weekly and Monthly Mining Plan, specifying Load & Haul and Drill & Blast volumes by pit location and RL.
- Assist in the design of drill patterns and calculate powder factors and related costs, optimising the relation between fragmentation and drill and blast costs.
- Assist with the preparation of the Daily, Weekly and Monthly operation plan.
- Liaise with the Contractor on all contractual issues in areas of responsibility.
- Attend daily site production meetings and weekly planning meetings with the Contractor.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of Mine daily Report to the mine Manager.
- Undertake reelvant technical assignments to resolve technical issues as they arrise in relevant field of work, improving productivity and providing cost savings to the operations.
- Establish and meet time-lines at all times.
- Compliance with all statutory regulations and procedures.
- Compliance with all the Company's Policies and Procedures.
- Backup all database files.
- Develop and design all monthly planning database sheets and make them available to the user(s).
- Upware reporting as required.
Promotional Opportunities : Long Term Planning Engineer, Mining Engineer
Must have a formal tertiary qualification in Mining or related discipline.
A minimum of 1 year experience in open pit mining operations. good understanding of mining processes. Have a drivers license.
Active and healthy.
Professional presentation and able to promote a good image for the Company.
Be prepared to work outside normal working hours.
- Knowledge of selective open pit mining techniques and the equipment employed.
- Knowledge of Mining and Explosive Regulations.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Sound judgement and analytical skills.
- Task and results driven.
Computer literacy (Word Processing, Spreadsheet and Database programmes). Knowledge of Mine Planning Software would be advantage (GEMS, DATAMINE or SURPAC). Good understanding of earth moving equipment.