Nos Vies en Partage Foundation
Alongside our work on socio-economic development within our countries of operation, we have also set up a philanthropic organisation - the Nos Vies en Partage foundation. The title translates as sharing prosperity.
Nos Vies en Partage is a charitable foundation that aims to extend the benefits of development beyond Randgold’s host communities and countries, to other parts of developing Africa. The foundation has a particular focus on women and children, who benefit least from economic growth, particularly that wrought by gold mining, which remains a male dominated industry, particularly in sub-Saharan Africa.
Since inception in 2014, the foundation has delivered support either through the provision of equipment or through financial assistance to 55 charities across 15 Sub-Saharan African countries, including Benin, Cameroon, the Republic of Congo, Nigeria and Togo, as well as our host countries.
The bulk of Nos Vies en Partage’s funds have been raised through biannual month long fundraising and adventurous motorcycle rides led by Randgold CEO Mark Bristow. The last took place in 2016 and was a ride from Mombasa on the East coast of Africa across the continent to the mouth of the mighty Congo River on the West Coast.
Some of the organisations receiving support from Nos Vies en Partage include:
- Family care, Uganda: An organisation that runs projects focused with poverty alleviation in Northern Uganda. Recent projects include the establishment of a school for war orphans.
- One Heart, Kenya: A non-profit organisation that aims to break the cycle of poverty and change the future for orphans and abandoned children in Kenya.
- Association pour la Promotion Rurale (APRU), DRC: An association providing psychological assistance to young people released by the Lord’s Resistance Army to help them transition back into society.
- ONG Wo Pile Sanga Orphanage Côte d’Ivoire: An orphanage caring for children orphaned by war and AIDs as well as handicapped and abandoned children.
- Association des personnes Handicapées de Dakar Plateau (BASE) Senegal: A volunteer association providing computer, literacy and social skills training for disabled and handicapped people in Senegal.
- AMALDEME, Mali: A care and training center for mentally handicapped children.